[Opensim-users] Upgrading from 0.6.8 to 0.6.9

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 8 22:07:26 UTC 2010

On 08/06/10 15:29, Robert Klein wrote:

> I wasn't even aware of the config-includes directory before now. Granted, I
> moved my server from 0.6.2, 0.6.3, 0.6.4, 0.6.6, 0.6.8, and 0.6.9 over the
> last couple of months and only focused on the OpenSim.ini and Regions files.
> I was under the impression OpenSim.ini was the main controlling mechanism
> for the simulator configuration. Is that still the case?

That's still the case for the simulation itself, but config-include is becoming the place for all service configuration.  This includes standalone, where services such as friends, inventory, assets, etc. reference local databases and grid, where services are configured with code that connects to remote urls.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org