[Opensim-users] Speaking of Content Theft, How About Our Own Backyard?

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 19:32:09 UTC 2010

Here's the thing: LL has no particular interest in doing this. This really
complicates the issue for opensim, which uses LL protocols out of the box,
and relies on LL viewers for access.

This is why so many people insist that the problem begins and ends with LL.

It's a two edged sword - if you want to take advantage of the ability to
import your content from the LL grid, you accept the fact that there is no
technical methodology in place for tracking attribution vs. ownership
between the grids, not to mention a similar dearth of methodologies for any
licensing of content.

My advice: if your business model is such that a certain (arguably large)
amount of pre-emption of your content is unacceptable, then -do not import
your content-

Simple logic.

Cheers
James