[Opensim-users] Arduino interfaced bot camping

Ale Fernandez skoria at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:11:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've got an exhibit of sorts in preparation for Newcastle maker faire, which
will consist of a bunch of sensors interfacing with an outdoors area and
turning this into music.

As part of it I am trying to adapt some libomv bot code to get a bot to
accept inputs (electromagnetic field detection, light, temperature and
humidity so far) from the computer's serial port and get these sensor inputs
via the arduino to control an opensim bot's position or animations etc. I
don't have time to work on designing a whole sim environment for this bot
though, so could anyone suggest a nice place to run this in? If you don't
mind having a very strangely behaved avatar in your sim that is! I'll be
happy to quote the sim name and coordinates for maker faire visitors to go
into if so.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Ale