[Opensim-users] Opensim+MySQL on Windows XP Home

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 9 05:04:27 UTC 2010

Its not quite that simple, you need to save the region data with save OAR, but the inventory for each user must be saved with save IAR.

You could probably use Second Inventory as well, although that is restricted to "full perms" inventory.

The IAR will save everything, but a "top level" restore will duplicate the existing system folders.

The latest Diva distro has the nice feature that you can use an IAR file to create a custom library for each user of your grid.

This feature will be very useful for my plans since I want to have a lot of custom made clothing and equipment available for every user.

In my case this is all stuff that I have made myself often using some SL content as a reference model. However the usual copyright concerns do need to be considered if you plan to distribute content among several users.

Just because the software allows you to copy/share the content does not make it either legal or ethical to do so!

Karen