[Opensim-users] problems with voice

James T. jm-opensimusers at vj8.net
Wed Jan 6 19:53:28 UTC 2010

> first time, the freeswitch module responds in general with an error
> message (http error 404) that could be ignored and with some status
> messages, that is "has been answered". Furthermore, opensim returns some
> [FreeSwitchDirectory] status messages indicating that several requests
> were send. I just tried freeswitch 1.0.3 with opensim 0.6.8 trunk
> version and it works, too :-)
>
> If you have further questions let me know. Maybe I can help.
>
> greetings
> Daniel

My setup is Debian with Opensim v0.6.8 release and Freeswitch 1.0.4.
Everything is installed on the same machine, and everything is using
the public IP address of the host (there is no firewall).
I've configured OpenSim and FreeSwitch according to the Wiki page,
and it ALMOST works...

When the first av logs into the sim, voice appears to be working, the
voice options appear at lower right in the window, the radiating voice
bars appear above my head and I can hear the "on-hold" music.
When the second av logs in, I hear a beep and hold music stops,
indicating someone else joined the conference.

However, the conversation is one-way; the other av can hear me, but
I can't hear her.  I can't see her voice bars and if she shouts into the mike,
some scratchy noise comes through, that's all.

Anyone have a suggestion where to look?

thanks,
James