[Opensim-users] Shortcut Creation Drive-Letter Auto- Assignment?

Len Brown lenwbrown at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 06:01:32 UTC 2010

I just found a resource online where old Compute! magazines are being
posted.  I used to love them for their BASIC problrams in each issue.
Reading articles from the 80's detailing the new kid on the block Microsoft
has been a treat, especially with the slaughtering reviews of the
"so-called" graphical user interface with Windows 3.1, or the Fact that the
UPGRADE for Microsoft Word 5.0 was $450 and was DOS-based only.

OpenSim has offered a great example of the difficulties in establishing a
program that can encompass so many different platforms and architectures.  I
did not previously realize how simple it has become to have one development
base that can be so quickly and easily ported to different systems.  It's
really quite impressive, but we owe many of our thanks to the players back
in the day who fought so vigilantly to insure inter-platform programmatic
compatibilities.  Whew!  Say that fast three times.  :)

- Len