[Opensim-users] Speaking of Content Theft, How About Our Own Backyard?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 16:24:48 UTC 2010

I am not "ticked off" - if I ever get there you WILL know it LOL!

What you say is quite correct for a single system (grid), but with multiple grids then the problems of not being truly unique comes into play.

I am in the process of moving an inventory of more than 30K items from SL to my private sim. so I see that problem fairly often. Well truthfully I have already moved everything that seems useful, but the problem remains.

At one point I wrote an SQL "macro" which scanned my database and "regularized" the UUIDs, permissions, etc. I found several duplicate UUIDs for different entities even in the database!

I view that as the first step of the database maintenance tools I have posted about earlier.

Karen