[Opensim-users] Shortcut Creation Drive-Letter Auto- Assignment?

John Mieske johnmieske at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:57:17 UTC 2010

Ok for those who need a Batch File to run OpenSim off your thumb drive :
@ECHO OFF

C:
  IF NOT EXIST C:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto D
  C:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:D
  IF NOT EXIST D:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe  goto E
  D:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:E
  IF NOT EXIST E:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe  goto F
  E:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:F
  IF NOT EXIST F:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto G
  F:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:G
  IF NOT EXIST G:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto H
  G:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:H
  IF NOT EXIST H:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto I
  H:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:I
  IF NOT EXIST I:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto J
  I:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:J
  IF NOT EXIST J:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto K
  J:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:K
  IF NOT EXIST K:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto L
  K:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:L
  IF NOT EXIST K:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto M
  L:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:M
  IF NOT EXIST M:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto N
  M:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:N
  IF NOT EXIST N:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto O
  N:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:O
  IF NOT EXIST O:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto P
  O:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:P
  IF NOT EXIST P:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto Q
  P:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:Q
  IF NOT EXIST Q:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto R
  Q:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:R
  IF NOT EXIST R:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto S
  R:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:S
  IF NOT EXIST S:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto T
  S:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:T
  IF NOT EXIST T:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto U
  T:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:U
  IF NOT EXIST U:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto V
  U:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:V
  IF NOT EXIST V:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto W
  V:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:W
  IF NOT EXIST W:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto X
  W:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:X
  IF NOT EXIST X:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto Y
  X:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:Y
  IF NOT EXIST Y:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto Z
  Y:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:Z
  IF NOT EXIST Z:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe goto byebye
  Z:\opensim\bin\OpenSim.exe
  EXIT

:byebye
  ECHO Warning : OpenSim.exe does not exist !!
  PAUSE
  EXIT
Remember, to copy and Paste this into notepad and save the EXTENTION as BAT.
I tried test.bat with this and it worked great.
OHHH and don't forget to turn on your file extensions so you can see it..
Sometimes I interact with people who forget that and they wonder why the
rest of us can see TEST.BAT while they only see TEST. Same thing goes for
the INI files in OpenSim, you only see OpenSim while the reset of us who
have our file extensions ON we can see OpenSim.ini.... ( You know who you
are.. hahaha )

Another thing to Notice, Look inside the Batch file first to make sure all
the folders are pointing to the right spot on your thumb drive. And yes this
can be used for any drive if you set this up right.  ALSO it looks for the
first one it finds. So if the folders are identical, even if the drives are
different, it will only run the first one it sees in sequence,