[Opensim-users] Second Life Viewer 2 beta

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 22:56:47 UTC 2010

OpenSim has a nasty problem of not saving textures sometimes. Worse everything appears fine until you change viewers since the textures are cached!

Try clearing the cache of your old viewer and see what happens! Second Inventory does a fair job of uploading textures, but tends to miss a few every upload. With a complex object it may take 4 or 5 tries to get all of the textures actually in the database!

Meerkat seems pretty reliable that way though.

Karen