[Opensim-users] Speaking of Content Theft, How About Our Own Backyard?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 22:48:19 UTC 2010

There have been several public domain versions of plants available for a long time now.

OpenSim even has a "tree" module which will create a virtual forest with included trees (one of which is a palm tree).

Most of the ones I recognise as being derived from various 3d libraries including Renderosity free stuff.

Do you actually have some evidence that these trees are copied from Lilith Heart or is this just that "they look very similar".

Lets not go down the same path as Second Life with this mindless hysteria without at least some evidence of actual wrongdoing.

Over the years I have built quite a lot of content which I am willing to donate to OpenSim users, but I am not willing to risk being labled a crook as a result!

Karen