[Opensim-users] Odd problem with cross server's

John Mieske johnmieske at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 00:28:06 UTC 2010

I ran into this with a Grid that didn't have the proper OpenSim ini
configured with the XMLRPC.PHP file. The database stores the info your
talking about. The XMLRPC Module may not be firing correctly on the other
regions. The problem we had was to double check the bottom of the ini files
to make sure the xmlrpc modules are uncommented and then to make sure that
the path in the messaging section is correctly set to point to the
offline.php file. All of this uses the Database.

Remember, ALL the regions who use the ini needs to point to the MAIN
Region's Server. HyperGrid technology can cause an issue as well.

Also inside the config.php file for the Groups has one item that if
commented out will keep everyone out that is not going through your domain :
// Specify the following to hard-code / lockdown the User Service used to
authenticate
// user sessions.  Example: http://osgrid.org:8002
// Note:  This causes the User Service specified with requests to be
ignored, and
// prevents the service from being used cross-grid or by hypergridded users.
$overrideAgentUserService = 'http://yourserver:8002';

Make sure all who have tied in a region has used the SAME exact server and
PHP. If you host it, then they need to USE yours. The only thing that you do
not share is your MySQL Assets. But all other settings go through the main
Region Grid Server. ( OpenSim.xxx.exe or whatever )

I repeat, what your INI files have for all settings the others have as well
ACCEPT the Database Strings. Each region should have their own MySQL setup.
Hope this helps.

John

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Master_Mirage <mirage123 at verizon.net>wrote:

> I have had no luck trying to figuer this one out.
> I have serveral server that form one Grid. A frontend on another thay all
> use.
> What i have been seeing for sometime now is this.
> Server A (some regions) Server B (more regions) User A logs into server A
> and send off a message to someone not on atm. Why hes there also say sets
> some land forsale and makes it searchable (np yet).
>
> Now user B logs in to server A and sees the message that was sent and looks
> in search for the land that was set for sale by user A. (still all good).
>
> The problem starts is IF user B dident log into server A but rather server
> B, there is no message waiting and the search shows nothing about users A
> land at all. User B tp's to server A from B still no message but can now
> see
> the land that was set in search.
>
> User A logs on seeing that user B is on. Logs into server A , User B is
> back
> on server B thay are friends but User B never gets the popup saying thay
> are
> online. ether way.
>
> User A relogs but inot server B user B is there. And sees the popup about
> user A has logged in.
>
> I think you get the idea. The thing is that up untill about 2mos ago none
> of
> that was a problem no matter what server thay logged into.
>
> I am running current stuff Inc the front end addons ect. and other than rev
> changes to opensimulator no major changes have been made from the time none
> of it was an issue.
>
> Im rather stumped and has defeted our best attemps to fix. Hopefully
> someone
> here may have allready worked it out or at least has a good idea whats
> going
> on with that.
>
> %-|
> tnx