[Opensim-users] MySQL on seperate server?

Steve steveamigauk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 20:45:11 UTC 2010

Thank you, although this doesn't tie in to my bandwidth usage reports :/

I have 60Gig peak, 240 Gig off peak allowance with my provider download.
No limit upload. I have had the sim up and running for a week 24/7 (one
region  only - and 24/7 apart from a OpenSimulator version upgrade and
the odd restart), using my net connection as normal on my main PC.

My usage for 1 - 15 Feb is 11.78 Gig D/L (which includes 3 Gig HD vid
from BBC iPlayer) and 2 Gig upload.

I was interested in the OP question because I have a SQL server sat on
my web hosts servers doing nada, but it looks like I will gain neither
performance nor speed by trying to use it, nor will I save any bandwidth.

This is a real learning experience.

Steve