[Opensim-users] Have you seen this error before ?

John Mieske johnmieske at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:05:25 UTC 2010

23:49:51 - [STARTUP]: Registration of region with grid failed, aborting
startup -   at OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene.RegisterRegionWithGrid
() [0x00000]  at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateRegion
(OpenSim.Framework.RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean portadd_flag, Boolean
do_post_init, IScene& mscene) [0x00000]

Have you seen this before ?  Scenerio...  The Regions INI file Region Name
was changed by direct edit. Now its in the database as the original name.
but since it has been renamed in the Regions INI file now there is a
conflict and the Grid never runs from that point on and  gives that Error
above. Anyone seen this ? I saw it once before and the only thing I could do
is literally start all over. Has anyone finally figured out how to fix this
yet ? I tried to rename it back and didn't make any difference now that the
database is all messed up. This is for a friend, so any info at this point
would be helpful.

I have checked the XML files. but could not find anything out of the
ordinary.
Thanks
--
John Mieske / Winword Exonar