[Opensim-users] MySQL on seperate server?

Master_Mirage mirage123 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 19:34:02 UTC 2010

Ahhh my bad, i dident see you were talking about going over the internet, i
was reffering to local LAN. All our servers are on the same lan not remote.
Still evan at wire speeds there is a notable diff. in latency that would
tend to be amplifyed over the internet for the same resions.
Opensimulator dosent really care where the mysql server is and its settings
are flexable for that reasion.
In that case i would go the extra step and add in a local slave replicator
for safety. It will not add the same impact that the master did. It tracks
the master dataserver giving you a clone of all of it in small bursts.
Should say something happen to the master the slave can now kick in as
needed. For us we had other resions for doing that. I might also point out a
toy called mysql proxy. It makes Failover quite painless but its also verry
alpha too.
I made use of it allready and lets me quickly switch the proxy port to a
slave so that downtime of the grid is minor. B4 it we would be offline all
day.