[Opensim-users] OpenSim Toolkit Demo

John Mieske johnmieske at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 16:21:24 UTC 2010

Actually Karen you may be on to something here. If I knew the exact spot of
where the OpenSim.ini file is at on the OpenSimulator.org website I could
just pull the updated file from there and have my program adjust from there.
I might have to look into that as a version 2.
John

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Karen Palen <karen_palen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> That is a really useful project John, but as you note there are a LOT of
> settings to enter.
>
> The ongoing maintenance could be a problem too, especially with OpenSim
> evolving as fast as it seems to be.
>
> I have to wonder how much of that could be automated, possibly using some
> formalized derivative of the opensim.ini.example file. This file is kept up
> to date by the developers so it should be the best source for the
> information.
>
> I am thinking of somehting along the lines of Lexx/Yacc (hopefully NOT
> those though!) :-) which would translate a structured definition of the
> settings and the allowed parameters into the actual OpenSim.ini file.
>
> An even more useful yet much more difficult task would be to embed
> knowledge of the rules governing interactions between the various settings,
> so that illegal or illogical combinations of settings would at least be
> flagged somehow.
>
> Karen

John Mieske / Winword Exonar
http://johnmieske.org