[Opensim-users] Error from "save oar"

John Mieske johnmieske at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 22:50:04 UTC 2010

ok when you installed mono you have to leave the folders in tact and install
to new folder .. you then compile it as normal and then you install it as
normal. When you reboot, then do a mono -V and it should show new version.
Only after you do that then you can literally goto the older folder of mono
2.2 or whatever else you have mono ( with number ) and delete it.  if its
just a default folder with mono that came with linux, do not remove that.

John

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:41 PM, John Hopkin <opensim at jfhopkin.karoo.co.uk>wrote:

> It may come to this on one of the machines anyway. I can do a backup
> by using Mono 2.4 on one of the machines, but the other one seems to
> have 2.2 permanently installed somehow (I followed some instructions
> to install that ages ago), and 2.6 avoided that mess by installing in
> another path.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Karen Palen wrote:
>
> > I have been running the Diva distro with Ubuntu Koala (9.10) with no
> problems, I do a weekly save to OAR and IAR also with no apparent errors.
> >
> > Note that Koala has had an unusual number of "teething" problems and a
> similar number of updates. The kernel is presently 2.6.31-19 (the original
> Koala was released with 2.6.31-11!)
> >
> > I would be tempted to do a complete re-install just to be sure everything
> was up to date. I have put the root (/*) and /home/* trees in separate
> partitions to aid in doing this.
> >
> > I actually set this up so I could try multiple distros like OpenSuSE, but
> it is also convenient for problems of this kind.
> >
> > It really boils down to eliminating things one at a time until the
> problem goes away!
> >
> > Karen

John Mieske / Sonya Pencuca
http://johnmieske.org
Space Grid Station
"Religion - The art of killing people to prove who's imaginary friend is
better."