[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 30

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 21:37:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 12:17 -0500, Doug Danforth wrote:
> I don't know what "top posting" is. Could somebody enlighten me.
>
> It sounds serious if one instance gets you banned.
>
> Doug Danforth
>

>         On the majority of Linux lists that I'm on, top posting would
>         get you
>         tossed. 2nd in line for becoming beset upon by the user pack
>         is failing
>         to trim posts of all the logs after being posted and
>         re-posted. Yet, we
>         tolerate some OT as a little bit of digression, as merely
>         human. Ric

Heh, just read your email as an example. My statement is last, on this
page and your reply is top-posted to it. To a casual reader, who google
searched and found this, he'd find reply first, question second. Not an
easy read for posterity, when researching a technical problem and
finding a pile of top-posting.

Imagine Dear Abby written like that. Answer first, and question second?
Abby: "Smash him with a broom!"
Reader wrote: "I found a spider in my bathtub." <chuckles> Ric

Linux user# 44256