[Opensim-users] Edits to rezzed objects not persisting

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 05:07:10 UTC 2010

It isn't happening with just a single object, there are several that seem to
"reset" to an earlier condition upon shutdown and restart of the sims.  I am
both the owner and creator.. actually come to think of it, all of the
affected items are linksets (no single prims) that were exported from SL
(where I was both owner and creator) and imported with Imprudence viewer.
 With some of the objects, the prim dimensions (size) return to original
values, with other objects, the textures disappear upon restart..

Based on someone's earlier suggestion, on one of the objects I unlinked them
and retextured and then relinked and the changes persisted after restarting
the sims.  On another object, I made a duplicate (shift-drag-copy) of the
affected linkset, edited the copy and the original, and after restart the
copy's changes persisted but the original object reset again.

Changing the server_side_object_permissions to false did not affect
anything, the objects reset after restart.

. . .

I'm still pretty new to opensim so I just wondered if it was a known issue
or something that happened frequently.  If it were a common problem, then it
might be helpful to have some kind of "save everything as it is now"
command, but if this is a pretty rare occurrence or something glitchy with
export and import it's not such a big deal.

Thanks for the suggestions all.  :)

- Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
Second Life Ambassador, Ohio Learning Network
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088