[Opensim-users] Cannot Import Second Life Object into Opensim- incompatble format

Jason Shipley mimetic.core at aliensignals.com
Fri Dec 10 19:23:57 UTC 2010

Just an FYI - you can still use Boy Lane's Rainbow viewer (Both standard
and Cool Edition) to export your objects with textures properly.  They are
stored in the same format as Imprudence so either viewer can be used to
import these objects into an OpenSim environment.  Just select Import +
Upload as susal - the textures will be stored in the same directory as the
.xml file(s).  I still use it regularly to log into SL when I need a
light, fast viewer.

You can download the viewers here (SL 1.x rendering -  specifically
address possible glitches in older OpenSim versions):

http://coolviewer.googlecode.com/files/Rainbow_Viewer_1-22-12-5_Setup.exe
http://coolviewer.googlecode.com/files/Cool_Viewer_1-22-12-12_Setup.exe

(SL 2.x rendering for new alpha layers, etc.  Not necessary if you don't
care...)

http://coolviewer.googlecode.com/files/Rainbow_Viewer_1-22-12-6_Setup.exe
http://coolviewer.googlecode.com/files/Cool_Viewer_1-22-12-13_Setup.exe

Keep in mind that the llkdu and vivox drivers are not included, but
Rainbow runs well enough to do backups without them (or just add them
manually from an 'official" SL 1.22 viewer).

.core