[Opensim-users] Diva Distro - Hitting Walls

iSkye Silverweb iskye.silverweb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 00:20:20 UTC 2010

OK, an update.

It turns out that while we had everything set up just right in the regions
file, hosts file on client, loopback, ports, etc.  The problem lay with the
router's firmware.  We got a different firmware and voila, we were up and
running with all 3 of us able to access the grid simultaneously.

Now that we have that worked out, we are looking at installing opensim (not
the diva distro) and setting up grid mode to spread the load across multiple
machines.  Are we gluttons for punishment?  Not really, we're just up for
the next challenge - but while the frustration can be great, the reward of
getting it all working is enormously satisfying, so we hope to prove that we
can do it.

Many thanks for everyone's input!