[Opensim-users] ReactionGrid Releases Open Source Groups Functionality for OpenSimulator

John "Pathfinder" Lester john.e.lester at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 12:54:16 UTC 2010

The purpose of a Press Release *can* be a stupid and empty marketing
ploy.  Unfortunately, many companies do that kind of thing.  So I
understand how some folks might have aggressive antibodies against any
email that begins with those words.

That said, my purpose in posting the Press Release was to share what I
think is relevant and interesting news with a community of pioneering
users.  Many users have asked us for Group functionality, our code is
stable enough for a production environment, and we're releasing our
code as open source because we want to help the entire Opensim
community grow.

As for the more technical questions about our implementation, I'l
defer to Chris Hart (ReactionGrid's CTO) who can fill folks in on
those details.  I'll ask her to post here shortly.

-John

John Lester
Director, Community Development
ReactionGrid
http://reactiongrid.com

Mobile: 617 910 0386 | Twitter: @Pathfinder
Blog: http://becunningandfulloftricks.com

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea.”  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry