[Opensim-users] ReactionGrid Releases Open Source Groups Functionality for OpenSimulator

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 3 02:39:03 UTC 2010

On 02/12/10 22:22, Olli Aro wrote:
> Yes agree it is useful knowledge and no better channel for it in order to reach the most of the opensim user community.
>
> I suppose it is just a difficult balance when it is a commercial organisation who is responsible for the announcement without it coming across as marketing...
>
> Just out of interest. Why is nobody developing the groups functionality as a core feature? For me it would seem like very useful out of the box feature?

In general, I would say that we're trying to avoid having more stuff to maintain in core, especially as third party
groups services exist already.

Having said that, I haven't heard strong opposition to having groups in core since it is a fairly major piece of
functionality.  But that also means that it's quite a lot of work to do.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org