[Opensim-users] Diva Distro - Hitting Walls

Arielle_P lof.ari at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 00:29:35 UTC 2010

Noting  that you are using .0.7.0 which is an older release. Would suggest
using the update.exe in the bin folder to upgrade to Diva r-13981 which is
running .7.0.2. I know i had connection issues from the internal network
with the early .7 series releases.

Would have the internal guy try a couple different viewers as I have seen
sometimes one viewer not able to connect to a local server whereas another
had no problem. Try to connect with external ip as well as internal one from
both the networked machine as well as the one the server is actually running
on. Note any differences in the  server logs and error messages when
attempting the connections.
Imo and experience it is best to remove any added host file entries while
attempting the connections as one solution that doesn't work can sometimes
break another that will work.

If the server machine has 2 network interfaces ie, a wired and a wireless
card connected to the router, be sure disable one  as it will give you the
error you are getting. Hanging at handshake is normally a UDP issue where it
is not communicating between the viewer and the server, either because of a
port block or it is coming in on the wrong ip.

Not sure but the Sagem Fast router sounds like it is an adsl modem router
combo. Combi units, especially adsl ones, do often have loopback issues. Not
sure if this method is relevant or required for your setup but here it is
anyway:
http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-tutorial-section/12815-how-set-up-port-forwarding-internal-server-any-type.html

Good luck.