[Opensim-users] osprofile module - advice?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 11:49:44 UTC 2010

>From: Ben Faust <ben at livingsounds.org>
>I'd like to know about this too. I tried that zip file, but I'm running
>0.7, and I guess that's why it's not working... ?

My experience is the following with the osprofile module.  I get
identical effects with 3 versions tried from source forge, an updated
version from xoopensim and Easy's zipped version.  But note that each
has different data base tables!  So make sure you match the tables
you create with the version you use!

a) I needed an up to date PHP on the web server or it did not work at all

b) notes on your own profile or friends profiles worked fine and were
stored and retrieved. This confirmed that the basic PHP link to
OpenSim works fine anyway.

c) ONE pick landmark was stored per avatar, but a second one could not be.

d) No main profile entries were stored.. the table row was not create
when trying any changes to the profile field.. even a simple
description text entry, or the web URL.  The profile picture was not
kept when tried either.

It would be good if someone knows if osprofile (any version)  is a NO
NO at this stage in 0.7 to save everyone time?  Or point folks at a
version known to work?