[Opensim-users] 0.7.X and llSitTarget offset

Chris mewtwo0641 at cox.net
Fri Aug 27 01:15:59 UTC 2010

I've come across another oddity with OS 0.7.X series. Scripts that use
llSitTarget and animations together (such as pose balls) now have their
Z axis offsets a bit 'off' . Since Git r/12785 there has been a small
gap introduced in the offset by approximately 0.03 -  0.05 M.

I went through all the git revisions on this page
http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=shortlog&p=opensim&h=f253758c2e4e30c8e09f23135d79765c70198802
one by one trying to find where this weirdness started in hopes of
correcting it if it was something simple, but by the time I reached
r/12785 the server keeps crashing for the next few revisions (probably
due to MySQL migration code?).

Once I reached a revision that would compile and run properly is where I
noticed that this started. Between r/12785 and r/12793 is when this
first started appearing (can't tell exactly which one because the server
crashes when trying to run these revisions but I got r/12794 to compile
and run properly) and has been that way up to and including the most
current revision.  I verified that r/12784 and below do not exhibit this
behavior.

If above is a bit TL;DR :)

r/12784 and below - No issue
r/12785 thru 12793 - Can't tell because server crashes on run with these
revisions
r/12794 and above - Issue appears

Was this done intentionally or is it such a small glitch that it hasn't
been really noticed?

I included a side by side comparison screen shot of my observations here:
http://a.imageshack.us/img14/5198/os06907xsmall.jpg