[Opensim-users] Windlight and LightShare in Opensim 0.7

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 16:35:26 UTC 2010

I have been reading about Windlight settings and how they can be
broadcast from a region to a suitable viewer such as Imprudence.

Is this enabled in the current release versions 0.7.0.1 or just in
the development/master builds?

I ask as I tried enabling lightshare on an Opensim.exe as it is
included in Opensim.ini.example... and the tried to compile a test
script that is provided by the Meta7 folks.  But I get a compile
errors saying that the 3 functions which can get and set the region
settings - "The name 'cmSetWindlightScene' does not exist in the
current context"

cmGetWindlightScene
cmSetWindlightScene
cmSetWindlightScenetargeted

Or possibly these functions were renamed when incorporated into
opensim as a module?

I found Wiki pages here and there, but not a proper intro on the
OpenSim wiki. E.g.
      http://imprudenceviewer.org/wiki/LightShare