[Opensim-users] Regions disappear after a relog?

Chris mewtwo0641 at cox.net
Thu Aug 26 11:25:11 UTC 2010

I managed to track down the region that was giving me trouble, returned
all the objects from that region and the red spew stopped afterward.
Restored the region from a recent oar I made (note that I haven't made
any changes to the region since the oar was made) and there is no red
spew still.

Shut down the server and restarted and as it is starting up, i get a
couple of error messages that appear to be exactly like the messages in
the red spew, but it is white text this time and it doesn't endlessly
repeat itself.

So I know that there are a couple of bad sculpties in that region that
is causing the messages but so far it hasn't triggered the red spew I
was seeing before... So I am at a loss at what to do now as I don't have
that tell tale red spew to look for in my hunt for the bad sculpty(s) as
I go through each object one at a time... but I know they are still out
there in that region somewhere.

Curious I suppose, to know why now doesn't the red spew occur after I've
returned every thing and then restored the region from an oar that
contains exactly every thing that was returned. I am genuinely stumped lol.

On 8/25/2010 8:00 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
> On 25/08/10 10:51, Chris wrote:
>> I can comment out the line referring to this error message in the source
>> code and compile it off that to prevent it from flooding the server out
>> put and also flooding my log file, but I'm sure it doesn't address the
>> actual issue lol...
>
> Looks to me like you have some ODE physics issues.  Possibly you have
> a bad sculpty looking at the stack trace.  I'm afraid that you might
> have to hunt down that rogue sculpt and delete it.
>
> Unfortunately, from a very brief look at the code, it doesn't seem
> that the ODE plugin currently retains the UUID of the prims it's
> running physics for.  Might be worth considering adding that in order
> to make tracking down failures easier.
>

>> On 8/25/2010 4:46 AM, Chris wrote:
>>> I tried using 0.7.0.1 Post-Fixes as well then I remembered why I
>>> wanted to hold off from moving from 0.6.9
>>> In the 0.7.x series I keep getting an endless flood of the below,
>>> which I've not seen at all until moving to 0.7.X:
>>>
>>> 2010-08-25 04:39:53,155 ERROR -
>>> OpenSim.Region.Physics.OdePlugin.OdeScene.Region 5 [PHYSICS]: Caught
>>> exception processing byte arrays in SculptMap(): e:
>>> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Parameter must be positive and <
>>> Width.
>>> Parameter name: x
>>> at System.Drawing.Bitmap.GetPixel(Int32 x, Int32 y)
>>> at PrimMesher.SculptMap..ctor(Bitmap bm, Int32 lod) in c:\Documents
>>> and Settings\Chris\Desktop\OpenSim\OS 070\opensim-070 Post
>>> Fixes\OpenSim\Region\Physics\Meshing\SculptMap.cs:line 109, Void
>>> .ctor(System.Drawing.Bitmap, Int32), System.Exception: Caught
>>> exception processing byte arrays in SculptMap(): e:
>>> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Parameter must be positive and <
>>> Width.
>>> Parameter name: x
>>> at System.Drawing.Bitmap.GetPixel(Int32 x, Int32 y)
>>> at PrimMesher.SculptMap..ctor(Bitmap bm, Int32 lod) in c:\Documents
>>> and Settings\Chris\Desktop\OpenSim\OS 070\opensim-070 Post
>>> Fixes\OpenSim\Region\Physics\Meshing\SculptMap.cs:line 109
>>> at PrimMesher.SculptMap..ctor(Bitmap bm, Int32 lod) in c:\Documents
>>> and Settings\Chris\Desktop\OpenSim\OS 070\opensim-070 Post
>>> Fixes\OpenSim\Region\Physics\Meshing\SculptMap.cs:line 121
>>> at PrimMesher.SculptMesh._SculptMesh(Bitmap sculptBitmap, SculptType
>>> sculptType, Int32 lod, Boolean viewerMode, Boolean mirror, Boolean
>>> invert) in c:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\OpenSim\OS
>>> 070\opensim-070 Post
>>> Fixes\OpenSim\Region\Physics\Meshing\SculptMesh.cs:line 299
>>> at PrimMesher.SculptMesh..ctor(Bitmap sculptBitmap, SculptType
>>> sculptType, Int32 lod, Boolean viewerMode, Boolean mirror, Boolean
>>> invert) in c:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\OpenSim\OS
>>> 070\opensim-070 Post
>>> Fixes\OpenSim\Region\Physics\Meshing\SculptMesh.cs:line 185
>>> at