[Opensim-users] Regions disappear after a relog?

Chris mewtwo0641 at cox.net
Mon Aug 23 01:31:38 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm using OS 0.6.9 Post-Fixes (Recent as of about a week and a half ago;
maybe two weeks. Don't remember exactly) and I've started noticing
recently that when ever I log out and then log back in later, all the
regions surrounding me disappear except the region that I logged out
from. I can still see the regions on the map, but if I try to cross over
to one of them by walking/flying past the sim border, my avatar gets
stuck and I have to relog. I've found that I can select the region on
the map and TP to it (even though I can't actually see the region in
world) and it lets me TP to it, the region appears all of a sudden and
it works fine... for a few seconds. After a few seconds I get the "You
have been logged out of Second Life" message and I'm logged out.

Would anyone happen to know why this may be happening? It has been
working fine for me up until now. I cleared out my MySQL database and
restored from a backup that I had and the issue still persists.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.