[Opensim-users] Mumble Voice is Online

Volker Gaessler fe11 at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 20 17:45:07 UTC 2010

That is all correct Neil, thanks for the comments. In addition I would like
to add some points:

·         The speaker indication also enables OpenSim for Speech Gestures.

·         I am working on positional sound which allows you to hear from
which direction the voice comes from. However, spatial sound (lower volume
with higher distance) is also possible but a bit more tricky. Mumble uses
automatic gain control. So some more investigation is necessary there.

·         Snoopy Pfeffer and myself are working on a proxy solution, where
whisper passes the communication to the original SLVoice when a
Freeswitch/Vivox region is detected. It will then not be necessary to switch
and relog.

Cheers

Volker