[Opensim-users] Running save oar from command line?

Yuzo Kanomata ykanomat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 17:13:32 UTC 2010

I do not know of a way to execute the save oar command from the
command line in a shell such as bash.

However, you may want to consider using screen to run the mono
OpenSim.exe process. Screen allows you to detach from the process and
later reattach later. I use it for my OpenSim test worlds. Whenever I
need to do things like save oar or create user, it is easy to use
screen -r to reattach to the OpenSim process and execute the command,
then detach and logout.

I believe screen is standard on Ubuntu and most Linux distros. Man
screen to see what the options are.

HTH

Yuzo