[Opensim-users] OpenSim on Linux/Apache using Mono - System.Core Issues

Kesick, Nicholas Charles KESICKN09 at students.ecu.edu
Wed Aug 18 15:47:45 UTC 2010

It's not bad getting it to work under Fedora actually. But that aside...

Ok, I did some checking around (eg, Google) and I think I found how to fix it. Want some additional information though.

>From a terminal, run the following commands (CaSe SeNsItIvE)
1) updatedb
2) locate System.Core | grep .dll
3) Send back in an email what is returned

If you don't see something like "/usr/lib/mono/2.0/System.Core.dll", or anything ending in System.Core.dll, then you are missing the package with System.Core.dll and that's why.  If you do have it, you just have to tell the OS where it is.

If you want to try though...
Note what is returned.  It should be the first, something like "/usr/lib/mono/2.0/System.Core.dll"
4) Type "export MONO_PATH=(the place where you found the System.Core.dll)
----eg, I would put export MONO_PATH=/usr/lib/mono/2.0/System.Core.dll

Then give OpenSim a try again.

- Nicholas Kesick
Now at kesickn09 at students.ecu.edu!