[Opensim-users] Hypergrid 0.7.0.1+

Kesick, Nicholas Charles KESICKN09 at students.ecu.edu
Sat Aug 14 21:28:35 UTC 2010

Thanks Diva,

I printed the ini.examples (opensim.ini, robust.hg.ini) to make sure I didn't miss anything.  Read through them carefully, highlighted where to change, and checked.  It still runs ok up until "Waiting for Region Handshake".

What else would be helpful to check?
Robust and Opensim (region: TimberHG) are running on the same server (192.168.2.10). TimberHG is defined as DefaultRegion
Robust and Opensim (region: TimberHG) are connected to the same database
My 2nd region (Shelby) (added today) is running on another server (192.168.2.6), and also connects to ROBUST correctly.
The client is Hippo Viewer, and is on another client (192.168.2.3), but on the same network. Should remove any issues regarding NAT.

Ports are open on both servers.  On ROBUST/OpenSim Timber: 8002, 8003, 9000-9003. Both UDP and TCP to try and isolate issues.

On Robust, "show region TimberHG" and "show region Shelby" show output.

Show hyperlinks shows nothing.  Is this a problem?
Is there anything else I can check to figure out why it stops at "Waiting for Region Handshake"?

- Nicholas Kesick
Now at kesickn09 at students.ecu.edu!