[Opensim-users] transfering inventory via php and either remote admin or some other way

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 11 22:53:39 UTC 2010

On 10/08/10 23:56, Chris Bloomfield wrote:
> Hi can anyone tell me if there is a way of transfering inventory using
> php either using the remote admin system or rest or some such.
>
> i am aware i can do it by directly manipulating the db itself but just
> wondered if there was an easyer way

If by transferring you mean loading items into someone's inventory then there were/are a few ways

1)  Direct DB manipulation, as you know

2)  In OpenSim 0.6.x there was an application plugin called the 'REST interface' which allowed you to add asset and
inventory via a, well, REST interface :)  This only worked via the region and unfortunately it was not being maintained,
so got dropped after the user and inventory service refactors.

3)  Construct and load IARs.  In principle, you might be able to do this via the 'REST remote console' (not the same as
the REST remote interface above), if you could place them at a known location on the filesystem and don't have a problem
with requiring the user password.

4)  WEBDAV via SimianGrid.  Don't know the details of this - only including it because others have mentioned it but I
believe it is a viable way :)

I suspect that all these methods will also require you to construct suitable assets.  This can be a bit hairy since some
of the formats (in particular the serialized object format) are largely undocumented and not very suitable for external use.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org