[Opensim-users] Stable Hyperjump points for the HG1.5 community?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 19:32:14 UTC 2010

Diva wrote:
>With the conceptual changes that happened, the references to the
>gateways now are:
>
>ucigrid00.nacs.uci.edu:8002:Gateway 3000
>ucigrid00.nacs.uci.edu:8002:Gateway 7000
>
>In other words, the simulators themselves don't serve requests for
>hyperlinking, like they used to; the gatekeeper does. On grids, the
>Gatekeeper is running on the Robust server.
>
>Unfortunately, this makes you hit a limitation with region name sizes,
>which is 32 chars on the DB :-/ I'm fixing this. sigh.

Got it, and I see the DB length errors when I try to do this with
13554.  Will install latest 0.0.0.1 post-fixes and set up things
tomorrow.  Your hyper jump points will be regions linked close by my
OpenVue and Vue-5000 gateways to make hoping about fast.

I plan to cluster the other major jump points around the Vue-5000 and
Vue-9000 jump points so people can click and go on the map.