[Opensim-users] Stable Hyperjump points for the HG1.5 community?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 12:49:04 UTC 2010

Given the limit of 4K,4K on hyperjump distances it would seem that we
could do with some stable jump points to traverse the
hypergrid.  UCI's Gateway 3000 and Gateway 7000 proved very useful
for this on HG1.0.

We often have a gap down at the bottom end as a lot of people's grids
have regions located inin the 8K to 10K area. I wonder if we can
establish some fairly stable jump points on the popular grids which
essentially act as fast hop locations..

I have initially created two simple hyper jump locations on the
Openvue grid in case people want to test...

Vue-5000 at 5000,5000
      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Vue-5000

Vue-9000 at 9000,9000
      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Vue-9000

Our main region is Openvue

Openvue at 1000,1000
      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue

nebadon and terravus, would this be possible on OSGrid when/if you
move to HG1.5?

Diva, will the UCI grid be HG1.5 and have gateways for jumping along
to out of range regions again?

Perhaps the jump points could even be built with some common style of
interaction and appearance to make it easy to find the hypergates?
The UCI and Hypergate "stargate" styles work well for this. Even
better if some automatic location of other hypergates within reach
was automatically configured...   e.g. such as using kidd piko's
"Hypergates" web - http://www.thehypergates.com/

Imagues of the hypergates at Vue-5000 at
http://vue.ed.ac.uk/openvue/img/2010-08-10-Hypergrid15-Openvue-Vue-5000-1.jpg
http://vue.ed.ac.uk/openvue/img/2010-08-10-Hypergrid15-Openvue-Vue-5000-2.jpg

All hypernauts welcome. Ai