[Opensim-users] Hypergrid 0.7.0.1+

Marck marck00 at nexgo.de
Tue Aug 10 06:42:16 UTC 2010

Kesick, Nicholas Charles wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I waited until the ROBUST conversion was completed before wanting to try
> setting up my own hypergrid.
>
> Unfortunately the Wiki hasn’t been updated yet for 0.7
> (http://opensimulator.org/wiki/ROBUST). Would anyone be able to
> contribute (either on the wiki or by email) a basic guide for a fresh
> install to running a hypergrid?
>
> I have ROBUST running, but I can’t figure out what to do next. I try to
> start OpenSim (mono OpenSim.exe) and it fails when initializing the
> friends module. I did make sure to copy the GridCommon.ini, and make the
> appropriate changes in OpenSim.ini (under Architecture, added ; before
> Standalone, removed from StandaloneHypergrid)… but the directions aren’t
> clear on the steps to get a grid running.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> - Nicholas Kesick
>
> Now at kesickn09 at students.ecu.edu <mailto:kesickn09 at students.ecu.edu>!

Hello Nicholas,

To enable hypergrid with Robust, you'll need to use Robust.HG.ini:
mono Robust.exe -inifile=Robust.HG.ini

For the simulators that you want to run with Robust, use an OpenSim.ini which includes GridHypergrid.ini in section [Architecture], not StandaloneHypergrid.ini.

Also, http://opensimulator.org/wiki/ROBUST#An_Example_Conversion_From_URM_To_R has some interesting tidbits on hypergrid with Robust and how Robust 0.7 generally works. I guess you already have read http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.7_Release