[Opensim-users] Real life heightmaps in opensim.

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 05:56:45 UTC 2010

Not quite on current topic, but hoping for a nudge in the right
direction.  I have looked on the search engines and found a few blogs
and entries about how to accomplish using real life data to make
correctly scaled hight maps for opensim regions.  The problem is two
fold.  One nothing I have found can help me find the region data
covering the Ryukyu Island including Okinawa, and two nothing about
doing this is easy, or newer info then 2008.

Is there an easier way that might be available since 2009 or this year?
Can I get the data I need from the region I want?  Or even better,
anyone already have the RAW images to upload to opensim's for that
region I can get from you?  I have 25 regions going on my standalone.  I
want to build Shuri Castle and surrounding landscape.  I am using
Windows 7 - 64 bit, mysql, and opensim .7.0.1.

Thanks, I appreciate any reply that will help.

InuYasha Meiji