[Opensim-users] BetaGridLikeMoneyModule - Enabled all the time?

diva at metaverseink.com diva at metaverseink.com
Mon Aug 9 18:31:41 UTC 2010

This is how region modules work:

OpenSim loads up all available dlls under bin that contain region
modules, and loads up those region module classes. By convention most of
these classes have an Enabled configuration variable that the classes
themselves check upon being initialized. If they are not Enabled, they
are still loaded up in memory, but they are inactive.

That's the case with the MoneyModule and lots of others. The messages
you see on the console pertain to the classes themselves being found,
loaded and initialized -- and then stumbling on "hey I'm not Enabled,
cool, I'm not gonna do any work".

This is a bit unconventional as true module systems go (usually
enabled/disabled from the outside, not from the inside, of the modules),
but I doubt anyone has the balls to rewrite OpenSim's region module
system at this point... it's already gone through 2 versions. (although
it wouldn't be horrible)