[Opensim-users] To the developers.....

Ale Fernandez skoria at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 14:08:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just tried upgrading my diva's distro and it now gives a strange
error where it can't reach any regions and thereby can't log any users
in. It also got rid of my previous sim - I ended up with 4 islands, so
maybe it could do with a warning sign on it saying it will do that? On
neither of the installs I ended up with was I able to then go into the
"wifi" bit to try out the web login stuff. Does that have to be turned
on in the config somewhere?

Ale

On 2 August 2010 15:16,  <diva at metaverseink.com> wrote:
> Communication between developers and users is fine, if only users like you
> understand how the project works. If you don't understand, then you're in
> for disappointments.
>
> No one noticed/cared that that feature was broken. You're the first one to
> notice. There are literally thousands of features, if you count the
> combinations of events from the viewer. We don't have an automated test
> suite for this monstrosity. So detecting broken features pretty much relies
> on people testing what matters to them. Breaking things that used to work
> before will happen again, as long as no one detects/cares for those things.
>
> Testing is done by a much larger group than the core developers. Almost
> anyone can participate in that process. The testing process for 0.7 was
> quite organized, it took about 5 weeks from the point at which we created
> the first release candidate to the point at which we made the release.
>
> If you had taken the time to participate in the testing process that
> happened for 0.7, the release probably would have that feature fixed. Since
> you didn't, no one even noticed that that feature was broken, so it didn't
> make it to the release notes.
>
> We need more people for testing release candidates, so consider volunteering
> your time when the next one comes along.
>
> Easy wrote:
>>
>> I know that the developers of the software do a very good job!
>> But I think that the communication in terms of properties between software
>> developers and users is not so good. It was removed some features and
>> added
>> again.
>> Perhaps one should communicate these things.

~The Cycle of the formation and disintegration http://alefernandez.org.uk/
   of the universe influences the formation and disintegration
of nature, which in turn is closely related with human life" - Yasuji Kimikura