[Opensim-users] Errors trying to use MySQL data with new

Kevin Buckley kevin at buckley70.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 11:43:18 UTC 2009

I meant I copied the v067 built (/bin) directory to the place where I want
it.  Then I compared the original ini's with the v067 versions and amended
accordingly (using a fabulous programme called 'Beyond Compare' which I
highly recommend!).

I then used MySQL administrator GUI to take a .sql snapshot of my current
database, created a new empty database (opensimtest) and 'restored' the
snapshot to it (and changed the appropriate entries in the ini files to now
point at opensimtest) - so that the new v067 build will have all my old
inventories and assets (substantial!).

Surely, if I drop the tables from Opensimtest that will be like starting
from scratch with a world empty of assets?

Cheers, Kevin