[Opensim-users] Errors trying to use MySQL data with new opensim release

Kevin Buckley kevin at buckley70.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 09:49:35 UTC 2009

I am trying to use the latest v0.6.7-post release Opensim in standalone.  I
have a 'production grid' which is based on the OSGrid downloadable (with the
ini files suitably changed) working with MySQL.  This has been working well
for some time (but has some issues - well known).

I have:

O Downloaded the latest 0.6.7 following the instructions provided by Clive
Gould, prebuilt and compiled it, copied the /bin directory to make a 'Test
Grid' and changed the ini's to reflect my MySQL settings

O Made a snapshot of my Opensim MySQL database and created a new copy
(opensimtest) which is referenced in the 'Test Grid' Opensim ini's

When I try to run it I get a bunch of errors that look like this and it
terminates:

2009-10-28 09:30:23,490 INFO  - OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLManager [MYSQL]:
Connection established

2009-10-28 09:30:23,490 DEBUG - OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLManager [REGION DB]:
Connection wait timeout 28860 seconds

2009-10-28 09:30:23,511 INFO  - OpenSim.Data.Migration [MIGRATIONS]
Upgrading AssetStore to latest revision.

2009-10-28 09:30:23,511 INFO  - OpenSim.Data.Migration [MIGRATIONS] NOTE:
this may take a while, don't interupt this process!

2009-10-28 09:30:23,631 ERROR - OpenSim.Server.Base.ServerUtils Error
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'assets' already exists

   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()

   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows,
Int64& lastInsertId)

   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet()

   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()

   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
behavior)

   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

   at OpenSim.Data.Migration.Update() in c:\Documents and
Settings\Kevin\opensim\OpenSim\Data\Migration.cs:line 141

   at OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLAssetData.Initialise(String connect) in
c:\Documents and
Settings\Kevin\opensim\OpenSim\Data\MySQL\MySQLAssetData.cs:line 83

   at OpenSim.Services.AssetService.AssetServiceBase..ctor(IConfigSource
config) in c:\Documents and
Settings\Kevin\opensim\OpenSim\Services\AssetService\AssetServiceBase.cs:lin
e 80

   at OpenSim.Services.AssetService.AssetService..ctor(IConfigSource config)
in c:\Documents and
Settings\Kevin\opensim\OpenSim\Services\AssetService\AssetService.cs:line 46

2009-10-28 09:30:23,871 ERROR -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.ServiceConnectorsOut.Asset.LocalAssetServicesConn
ector [ASSET CONNECTOR]: Can't load asset service

Any suggestions? - Thanks, Kevin