[Opensim-users] Grey avatars & no hair or eyes!

Kevin Buckley kevin at buckley70.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 19 19:29:35 UTC 2009

In case this is useful for anyone my log file has 2 types of interesting
warnings:

"2009-10-19 20:12:21,649 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence [APPEARANCE]: Missing baked
texture fd8af378-426b-b378-ace1-7b6ffa3e3469 (HeadBaked) for avatar Zaqk
Palmer
2009-10-19 20:12:21,659 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence [APPEARANCE]: Missing baked
texture d98cc6c5-7fe0-2467-fc31-a897ae21624f (UpperBaked) for avatar Zaqk
Palmer
2009-10-19 20:12:21,669 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence [APPEARANCE]: Missing baked
texture 195853a9-c1ed-a9a4-a781-dcf6b16ed0a0 (LowerBaked) for avatar Zaqk
Palmer
2009-10-19 20:12:21,719 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence [APPEARANCE]: Missing baked
texture 4b7c8f31-4a69-6a8c-0c6b-b2862d382140 (EyesBaked) for avatar Zaqk
Palmer"

I get these for both AV's I am currently using for testing.

I can make the 'grey' go away (from the perspective of the 2nd AV) by simply
swapping skins (even though the 2 skins are identical).

When I TP the AV's to another region the greyness comes back.

Also, the log file shows lots of warnings like this:

"2009-10-19 20:14:50,823 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLUDPServer [LLUDPSERVER]: Received a
StartPingCheck packet from an unrecognized source: 192.168.10.1:3569 in a5,
currently tracking 0 clients
2009-10-19 20:14:50,914 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLUDPServer [LLUDPSERVER]: Received a
StartPingCheck packet from an unrecognized source: 192.168.10.1:3551 in a2,
currently tracking 0 clients
2009-10-19 20:14:51,064 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLUDPServer [LLUDPSERVER]: Received a
StartPingCheck packet from an unrecognized source: 192.168.10.1:3569 in a2,
currently tracking 0 clients"

a2 and a5 are regions.

I am running standalone behind a NETGEAR DGN2000 router (which has loopback
enabled).  All my IP addresses in the ini files are EXPLICIT and EXTERNAL
(because I am working with someone who is external).  Nowhere in the ini
files do I refer to an internal 192.168.x.x address (192.168.10.1 is
actually the internal address of the router).

Could this be the source of my problem?

Regards, Kevin