[Opensim-users] Grey avatars & no hair or eyes!

William Magee billmagee at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 01:53:29 UTC 2009

This problem can be fixed by creating new shape, skin, hair, clothes,
etc and changing their default settings (including their names, I
think).

The mantis says this:

This issue is kind of expected behavior. If you create new clothes and
don't change it's parameter, the viewer understands it to be the
default wearables (aka Ruth). Since the viewers no longer has (SL)
Ruth, you become clouds of gas or all greyed out. Not sure how to fix
this yet.

and:

It's been decided that grids are supposed to implement first clothes
for users to avoid Ruthness issues. Still trying to come up with a
default real clothing, but this issue is not really bug, so closing it
down.

See the report:

Cheers,
Bill