[Opensim-users] Opensim 0.6.6 release standalone hangs at 'Waiting for region handshake' (LoginPacketNeverReceived) on other intranet computers

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 14 21:49:34 UTC 2009

Hi Kevin,

Since the ExternalHostName configuration parameter only allows IP addresses
at the moment, the only way to get behind NAT scenario working for both
external and internal users it to implement some kind of rule in your
firewall that if there is a request coming from the internal network to an
external IP then route it back to the internal IP. However, in most firewall
this kind of requests are blocked by default as suspicious.

 So, really the easiest solution to this is to stick your OpenSim server to
DMZ without NAT and with a public IP.

I know it is very annoying. I can't wait to see domain names working for
ExternalHostName.

Regards,

Olli