[Opensim-users] Opensim 0.6.6 release standalone hangs at 'Waiting for region handshake' (LoginPacketNeverReceived) on other intranet computers (Kevin Buckley)

Eric Riebling er1k at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 14 17:46:20 UTC 2009

Sadly the wiki is editable by everyone and when discovering which
bits are right and which bits are wrong, it's the perfect time to
fix them for the next person ... and those who keep having the same
region handshake issues over and over again (so it seems.)

I know it got me so bummed out after having set up a really cool
standalone grid, only to discover NOBODY could get in, no matter
how many settings of IP addresses, ports forwarded by router, etc.