[Opensim-users] Opensim 0.6.6 release standalone hangs at 'Waiting for region handshake' (LoginPacketNeverReceived) on other intranet computers

Marc Adored marc at inworlddesigns.com
Tue Oct 13 20:39:38 UTC 2009

Have you tried using the actual ip address instead of the dns? Maybe
just maybe there is some reversal issues with the handshake. It seems
like its sending a request for a handshake but maybe sending the wrong
information about where to make the handshake. I had the same issue
when I had used 127.0.0.1 and tried to connect with a remote machine.
That's what makes me think maybe its a reversal issue. Not sure how
possible it is for 1 part of a program to have issues reversing a
domain but not the other but its worth a shot I think.