[Opensim-users] Open Source Male Walk Animation for OpenSim?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 02:24:42 UTC 2009

Yes the library files are essentially just XML files which are added to the appropriate directories.

There is a Wiki page which describes how to do this, although I have not yet tried it myself:

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Library_Importing

There are also scripts to help the process!

Opensim also provides a good forum to record your experiences in the Wiki and is about as generic as anything in the virtual world "Metaverse".

You can at least link to the actual data files, and (I think) there is even storage space to store contributions!

I am exploring the wonders(?) of MySQL/BackupPC backups and their limitations :-( so I will be preoccupied for a while in regenerating my OpenSim inventory. GRRR!

I need to write up my findings in the Wiki so noone else gets trapped like I did ever again - especially ME!

My calender for the next few weeks is to restore what I lost and then to do some reasonable upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 (on 8 machines) Ubuntu 9.10 has a lot of neat stuff that I want to use so it will take priority. After that I will be happy to lend a hand - until then I have LOTS of free advice.

Remember though, "Free advice is worth what you pay for it" :-)

Oh yes, somewhere in there I am supposed to do a review of Windows 7 from a past life when I was a Windows "consultant". My how things change in a year. LOL

Karen