[Opensim-users] Voice Installation Class

Robert Klein rtkwebman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 03:25:22 UTC 2009

Okay I finally got a chance to try Freeswitch on 0.6.5 and it works. So it is
safe to say that Freeswitch will not work on versions earlier than 0.6.5.
For those interested in trying out Freeswitch (voice) in OpenSim, MaxPing
has a great article at
http://maxping.org/resources/how-to/install/freeswitch-on-ubunutu.aspx on
how to get it all working under Ubuntu. The article does not tell how to
stop the annoying "on hold" music when nobody is around. If someone knows
how to do that please let us know. I also noticed voice works on the main
parcel but not on any subdivided ones. Any clue about how to fix this?
Everyone is so great here, thank you for all the help.

-Robert