[Opensim-users] Building on OSX

Stefan Andersson lbsa71 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 9 07:33:10 UTC 2009

Add to wiki?

/Stefan

From: opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de] On Behalf Of Timothy Hart
Sent: den 9 oktober 2009 00:22
To: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Building on OSX

Aha. That did it. Thanks a million. Hope Google will pick this thread up for
others to find.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Paul Fishwick <fishwick at cise.ufl.edu> wrote:

I had problems with this too. For me, the following seemed to work:

1. Install XCode  first (the development environment)

   http://developer.apple.com/TOOLS/Xcode/

2. Install Mac Ports (great for getting unix utils)

   http://www.macports.org/

3. Using Mac ports at a screen, "port install nant"

   I found that this automatically brings in mono as well as nant, if I
recall correctly.

-p

Timothy Hart wrote:
> This has been a long issue for me and am hoping there is someone out
> there who know the answer.
>
> I am on OS X (10.5 and 10.6). Mono 2.4. Building the latest .6.6
> source of OpenSim.
>
> The error I get after running nant is...
>
> Failed to initialize the 'Mono 3.5 Profile' (mono-3.5) target framework.
>
>     Unable to locate 'mono' module using pkg-config. Download the Mono
> development packages from http://www.mono-project.com/downloads/.
>
> For more information regarding the cause of the build failure, run the
> build again in debug mode.
>
> Try 'nant -help' for more information
>

> I know it has something to do with my path for pkg-config. I have
> googled the crap out of it but nothing is working. I have added
> export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib/pkgc
onfig to my .bashrc file. No luck.

> I also tried adding it to my /usr/bin/nant.
> export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib/pkgc
onfig

> What is going on? I would greatly appreciate any help. I will make you
cookies if you can get this working for me.

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
University of Florida
Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
Bldg. CSE, Room 301
P.O. Box 116120
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu