[Opensim-users] Building on OSX

Timothy Hart timothy.hart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 18:47:54 UTC 2009

This has been a long issue for me and am hoping there is someone out there
who know the answer.

I am on OS X (10.5 and 10.6). Mono 2.4. Building the latest .6.6 source of
OpenSim.

The error I get after running nant is...

Failed to initialize the 'Mono 3.5 Profile' (mono-3.5) target framework.

    Unable to locate 'mono' module using pkg-config. Download the Mono
development packages from http://www.mono-project.com/downloads/.

For more information regarding the cause of the build failure, run the build
again in debug mode.

Try 'nant -help' for more information

I know it has something to do with my path for pkg-config. I have googled
the crap out of it but nothing is working. I have added

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib/pkgconfig
to my .bashrc file. No luck.

I also tried adding it to my /usr/bin/nant.
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib/pkgconfig

What is going on? I would greatly appreciate any help. I will make you
cookies if you can get this working for me.